- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
No Jailtime for Adam Bradley
It was sentencing day for former White Plains Mayor Adam Bradley.
Bradley was sentenced to three years probation for his conviction on domestic abuse charges against his now-estranged wife, Fumiko Bradley.
Prosecutors had called for jail time, but the judge cited Bradley's lack of a criminal record in determining his sentence. He had faced up to a year behind bars. He was convicted in a non-jury trial of attempted assault and harassment.
Bradley, a former State Assemblyman, stepped down from his post as Mayor last month. A special election to fill the Mayoral seat is to be held on March 31.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters