- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
New Rochelle Woman Brutally Murdered With Machete, Suspect in Custody
Police in New Rochelle are investigating a stabbing Friday night that left a 29 year old woman dead.
Officials say Lisa Stabler was viciously attacked with a machete while she was visting with a male friend at an apartment at 309 North Avenue, apartment 12.
Cops arrived to find the woman lying on a bed, unresponsive with multiple wounds to her head torso and hands. She was prounced dead shortlly afterward at Sound Shore Medical Center.
A male suspect was apprehended at the scene. He has not been identified and it is unclear if he has been charged at this point.
Authorities say they found a large 2 1/2 foot machete in the apartment. They're still trying to determine what prompted the deadly rampage.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters