- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
New Rochelle Man Facing Sex Charges
A 22 year old New Rochelle man has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Patrick Colon was charged today with Promoting a Sexual Performance of a Child and Possessing an Obscene Sexual Performance by a Child, both felonies.
Prosecutors say that on February 7, 2011, an undercover investigator from the Westchester D.A.'s Office, was able to view a digital image of a sexual performance by a child less than 17 years of age that was available for download by other people from Colon's computer.
Authorities executed a search warrant at Colon's home today during which time he allegedly showed investigators digital files of a child less than 16 years of age in a sexual performance.
Colon, who is employed as an Information Specialist with NYC Inc., was arraigned in New Rochelle City Court. He was released on $2,500 bail.
Colon is due back in Court on March 24 and faces up to 7 years in state prison if found guilty.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters