- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
New Poll Finds Stewart-Cousins Maintaining Steady Lead Over McLaughlin
A second poll taken in New York's 35th State Senate District race finds incumbent Democratic Senator Andrea Stewart-Cousins maintaining a seven point lead over Republican challenger, Liam McLaughlin.
The latest RNN-TV/Westchester County Association poll taken by Iona College finds among likely voters, 45% of people questioned said they'd vote for Stewart-Cousins, while 38% said McLaughlin.
17% remain undecided.
Dr. Jeanne Zaino, coordinator of the Iona College poll and professor of political science at the school, said "The large undecided proportion on this question indicates that there is considerable uncertainty in the voters' minds, which means both campaigns have a lot of convincing to do."
The Iona College poll has a margin of error of plus/minus 3.9%.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters