- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
New Poll Finds Oppenheimer Has 10 Point Lead Over Challenger Bob Cohen
A new poll taken by Iona College and sponsored by the Westchester County Association and RNN-TV finds New York State Senator Suzi Oppenheimer (D,WF) leads challenger Bob Cohen (R,C,I) in the 37th District race by 10 percentage points.
The poll also showed 16% of likely voters questioned were undecided.
The 37th District is regarded as one of the key mid-term races in determining the future political balance of the New York State Senate. The disterict includes, Rye, New Rochelle, White Plains, Harrison, Mamaroneck New Castle, North Castle, Ossining and Scarsdale.
The poll has a margin of error of 3.8 percentage points. points.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters