- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
New Jersey Man Arrested in Eastchester With Kids, Pot in the Car
A New Jersey man is under arrest after Westchester County Police allegedly found him driving with two small children and more than 39 pounds of marijuana in the car.
Shortly after 9 p.m. Friday night, Westchester County Police stopped a vehicle being driven by 30 year old Barrington A. Hylton of Irvington, New Jersey for a traffic violation on the eastbound Cross County Parkway near New Rochelle Road in Eastchester.
The narcotics team was called in to search the car after the officer detected a strong smell of marijuana emanating from the car.
A subsequent search of the trunk found two large bundles of marijuana totaling 39 1/2 pounds.
Hylton was arrested and charged with 1st Degree Criminal Possession of Marijuana, a felony, and Endangering the Welfare of a Child, a misdemeanor.
His children, a 2 year old boy and 4 year old girl were taken to County Police headquarters in Hawthorne and released to family members.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters