- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Mount Vernon Man Charged With Larceny in Insurance Scam
A Mount Vernon man is in trouble with the law after police say he attempted to defraud an insurance company by obtaining collision insurance after he was involved in an accident and then falsifying the time the accident actually occurred.
22 year old Jeffrey Lincoln is accused of filing a claim for $7,000 worth of repairs under a collision insurance policy that he obtained several hours after he was involved in an accident on the Hutchinson River Parkway in Mount Vernon.
Cops say shortly after the accident, Lincoln used a mobile phone to go online and upgrade his insurance policy from liability insurance-only to a comprehensive package that included collision coverage with the Esurance Insurance Company.
Lincoln was arrested Monday and charged with 3rd Degree Attempted Grand Larceny and 1st Degree Identity Theft, both felonies.
Police say the accident occurred at 11:30 a.m. on January 19, 2010 on the Hutchinson River Parkway near Sandford Boulevard. Officials say Lincoln lost control of his 1998 Audi A-6 and struck a guardrail. No other cars were involved and there were no injuries. It was at that time, police allege, Lincoln gave an officer false identification and an accident report was prepared with the driver identified uner the false name.
Officials say investigators have taken nearly a year to make the arrest because Lincoln has moved several times since last April.
He was arraigned in Mount Vernon City Court yesterday. Bail was set at $1,500.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters