- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Mount Pleasant Police Promise Thorough Investigation Into Pace University Student Shooting
Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno today promised a thorough investigation into yesterday's shooting death by police of a Pace University student during a wild disturbance outside Finnegan's Grill in Thornwood.
Alagno says the two officers were forced to shoot 20 year old Danroy Henry after he allegedly failed to stop his car and drove into the two cops, resulting in one of them being thrown onto the hood of Henry's vehicle.
New York State Police have now joined in the investigation into the first-ever fatal shooting involving a police officer from Pleasantville or Mount Pleasant.
Said Alagno, "Not all officers have been interviewed. That's a process that's continuing. I can't answer why the driver did what he did."
The chief said "This is going to be a long, hard investigation and we will be as thorough as possible," adding, "We want to identify exactly what happened and why it happened."
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters