- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Mamaroneck Police: White Plains Man a Suspect in Murder of Village Woman
Police in the Village of Mamaroneck say a man considered a suspect inthe murder of 49 year old Jennifer Katz has been arrested after he was found driving her car in Harlem.
Police say 54 year old Reginald Powell of White Plains was pulled over by the NYPD December 30 for a traffic violation . He's since been charged with 2nd Degree Burglary, a felony.
At the time,officials say, Powell was not only in possession of Katz's vehicle, but also miscellaneous property belonging to the victim.
Powell has been arraigned and is currently being held without bail at the Westchester County Jail.
Village Police say he is a suspect in the ongoing homicide investigation. Additional charges, they say, may be forthcoming.
Officials have been tight-lipped about the cause of Katz's death.
The Village of Mamaroneck Police Department and the Westchester County District Attorney's Office is continuing to investigate the case.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Village of Mamaroneck Detective Division at (914) 825-8541. All calls will be kept confidential.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters