- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Major Marijuana Bust Announced in Yonkers
Police in Yonkers have arrested three men and charged them with transporting high-quality marijuana with an estimated street value of $50,000.
Yesterday, members of the Narcotics Unit, acting on a tip, executed a search warrant at 100 McLean Avenue and arrested the three shortly after a package was sent to the home containing the drug. Police say the marijuana was packed in empty computer destktop casings and was shipped via a private courier service. The pot was vacuum sealed in individual bags and coffee grounds were placed in the box to throw off any scent.
Approximately 11 pound of "hydro" marijuana was recovered with an estimated street value of $50,000. Under arrest are Carlitos Rodriguez, James Paulino and Rashid Humphreys all of Yonkers. All three were charged with 2nd Degree Criminal Possession of Marijuana.
The suspects are expected to be arraigned today.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters