- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Local Elections on Tap Tuesday in Westchester
Tomorrow is election day for many towns and villages in Westchester County.
Elections are being held in Buchanan, Bronxville, Briarcliff, Croton-on-Hudson,Elmsford, Hastings, Irvington,Larchmont,Pelham, Pelham Manor, Pleasantville, Port Chester, Scarsdale, Sleepy HOllow, Tuckahoe and Tarrytown.
The villages will be using the old lever-style voting machines thanks to legislation signed by Governor Cuomo. Under law, they were supposed to have had optical scanning machines in place under the Help America Vote Act (HAVA), but many municipalities protested and were concerned about the cost and not having personnel trained in time to use them. Polls will open at 6 and close at 9 p.m..
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters