- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Katz, 16 Others Sworn Into Office in Albany
Freshman NY State Assemblyman Steve Katz of Yorktown was among seventeen new members sworn into office in Albany today, joining the Assembly Minority Conference.
The ceremony was held in the state capitol and was officiated by Acting New York Supreme Court Justice Craig Doran. Katz's wife Nicole held the Bible as he took the Oath of Office.
As a freshman lawmaker, Katz has been appointed the Ranking Member of the Assembly Standing Committee on Mental Health and has also been named a member of the Economic Development, Consumer Affairs and Protection and Housing Committees.
Katz said the Housing Committee was of particular importance to him, saying the issue of affordable, safe housing is one of the most pressing issues in Westchester County.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters