- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Indictments in Fatal Daytime Stabbing in New Rochelle
Three people have been indicted in connection with the fatal daytime stabbing of a New Rochelle Man on North Avenue.
Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore announced today that indictments have been handed up against three people in the death of Kevin Williams.
20 year old Laurell Smith of 311 North Avenue,New Rochelle has been charged with Second Degree Murder and 4th Degree Criminal Possession of a Weapon.
19 year old Rico Johnson of 311 North Avenue , New Rochelle was charged with First and Second Degree Hindering Prosecution as well as Tampering with Physical Evidence, all felonies.
And, 17 year old Krista Leggieri of 311 North Avenue, New Rochelle has been charged with First and Second Degree Hindering Prosecution as well as Tampering with Physical Evidence, all felonies.
Prosecutors say the charges stem from an incident on September 18, 2010 that began around 2:30 p.m. when Kevin Williams and his uncle were walking along North Avenue in New Rochelle.
Officials say suspect Laurell Smith yelled something out of a window, sparking a verbal argument. Smith then left his residence, caught up with Williams and continued the argument on the street.
During the exchange, Smith allegedly pulled a knife from his waistband and stabbed Williams in the abdomen. Williams was transported to Sound Shore Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
If convicted, Smith faces a maximum of 15 to 25 years to life in State Prison.
Johnson and Leggieri face up to 2 1/2 to 7 years behind bars.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters