- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Improvements Underway For Popular Bee Line Bus Route
Improvements are being made on Westchester's most heavily traveled Bee Line Bus Routes.
Thanks to a state grant, the County is implementing changes designed to better coordinate traffic lights with the buses that go down Central Avenue in White Plains, Greenburgh and Yonkers.
The $2.4 million from the State Department of Transportation will be used to fund sensors and other technologies that will change a signal to green or extend the green time of the signal if a bus is approaching. The project's expected to be completed by 2010.
Centeral Avenue is considered one of Westchester's most prominent commercial corridors. It runs 14 miles from White Plains to the Bronx.
The Bee-Line Route 20, which operates along Central Avenue, currently has the highest ridership in the Bee-Line system, with approximately 12,500 riders on Weekdays and Saturdays. Ridership has been growing due to the redevelopment of Yonkers Raceway and the Cross County Shopping Center.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters