- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Here We Snow Again!
With barely time to catch their breath, Westchester residents are about to be hit with yet another winter storm.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning from 10 a.m. this morning to 6 a.m. Thursday.
Snow is expected to begin mid to late morning for most of Westchester County, picking up in intensity, with the bulk expected to fall on the overnight hours into early Thursday morning. Total snow accumulation of between 5 and 7" expected. Wind gusts of 10-20 mph are expected as well.
The snow is expected to cause hazardous driving conditions this evening and tomorrow morning.
Officials remind people it's a good idea to have an emergency kit containing extra food,water and a flashlight if you plan on traveling.
School is in session in most, if not all Westchester County schools, although some have indicated they plan on an early dismissal.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters