- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Henry Family Meets With Governor
The attorney for the family of Danroy "DJ" Henry, Michael Sussman, says he was encouraged by what he said was the Governor's apparent desire to see justice done in the case.
Technically, the Governor cannot appoint a Special Prosecutor. That must be done by the Attorney General. Henry's family said it's hopeful the Governor will at least get the ball rolling.
Mount Pleasant Police officials have said there is no cover-up in the case and that the two officers involved in DJ Henry's killing acted in self-defense and fired at him only after Henry plowed his car into them. Blood alcohol tests have indicated Henry was drunk at the time of the shooting, but eyewitnesses who were with him that night insist Henry was not drinking that evening.
The Wesetchester County District Attorney's office which is assisting in the inquiry says it does not comment on pending investigations. The case is expected to be presented to a Grand Jury in January.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters