- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry Service to Resume Tomorrow
Could be a sign that Spring is just around the corner. The recent moderating temperatures and subsequent thaw spells good news for Metro-North Railroad's ferry service between Haverstraw and Ossining.
Officials say the Haverstraw-Ossining ferry service, which is provided by NY Waterway is slated to resume tomorrow. Buses have been serving passengers on the route since ice clogged the Hudson River on January 24.
The commuter ferry service is synchronized with express trains serving ossining, providing a more convenient trip for riders on the west side of the Hudson River,
A similar ferry-rail link between Newburgh and Beacon remains suspended, further north on the Hudson River. Bus service continues there, however due to the continuing ice.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters