- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Former NYC Police Lieutenant Named Director of Humane Law Enforcement at SPCA Westchester
A former Lieutenant in the NYPD has been named Director of theSPCA of Westchester's Humane Law Enforcement Division.
Shannon Laukhuf, Executive Director of the SPCA of Westchester says Ernest Lungaro of Pleasantville comes to the job with more than 20 years of criminal investigation experience,"Ernest Lungaro's outstanding law enforcement expertise will help take our Humane Law Enforcement Divison to a new level in intervening and prosecuting individuals who are harming or killing animals."
His main responsibility according to the organization is to "protect animals from Westchester from cruelty and neglect" through "aggressive enforcement of New York State law."
The SPCA of Westchester receives calls reporting neglect and abuse that range from animals living in unsanitary conditions or being left out in the cold without no shelter, to cases of dogs and cats being intentionally starved or abused resulting in injury or death.
The Humane Law Enforcement Division responds to calls placed to the SPCA of Westchester's hotline, (914)941-7797.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters