- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Fire Destroys Home in Port Chester
A fast-moving fire left a home in Port Chester severely damaged.
Port Chester Fire officials say the blaze broke out Tuesday morning at the home at 17 Willow Street.
A woman living in the building noticed the smoke and flames and alerted workers doing some plumbing on the first floor. The fire is believed to have started near the top portion of the multi-family building.
Nine people were in the building at the time and were able to safely evacuate.
Fire officials say the fire was extinguished within about 45 minutes, but that the severe damage near the roof has left the home uninhabitable. At least ten people have been left homeless.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters