- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Deliberations in Lippe Re- Trial Postponed Until Tuesday
Jury deliberations were delayed in the case of 68 year old Werner Lippe of Cortlandt today due to a death in the family of his defense attorney.
Lippe is charged with Second Degree Murder in the killing of his wife Faith in October 2008. His wife went missing and hasn't been seen since. Officials allege Lippe killed her using a wooden plank and disposed of the remains by incinerating them in a burn barrel in his backyard.
Prosecutors have suggested Lippe may have had the help of acid used in his jewelry making business.
During the trial, jurors were played a series of recorded confessions made by Lippe, one of which was recorded by a friend of his who was wearing a police "wire." Lippe's attorney claimed the confessions were made due to his client's "paranoia, fear and confusion.
The judge in the case is expected to charge the jury Tuesday morning.
(Below: Faith Lippe)
This is Lippe's second trial. A judge declared a mistrial in the first one after the jury was deadlocked. Lippe faces 25 years to life in prison if found guilty.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters