- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Cortlandt Man Sentenced in Wife's Murder
A 70 year old Cortlandt man has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for the killing of his wife.
Werner Lippe was convicted of Second Degree Murder in a jury trial of the killing of his wife, Faith Lippe. Faith Lippe went missing on October 3, 2008. Her body was never found.
Witnesses testified that Werner Lippe admitted to them that he killed his wife using a wooden plank and then disposed of her remains by incinerating them in a burn barrel in the back yard of his home on Little Lake Road.
Lippe's first trial ended in a hung jury. The couple have two teenaged children.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters