- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Cortlandt Man Flees While in Police Custody, is Recaptured again, Facing New Charges
Some anxious moments in Cortlandt today after a burglary suspect faked a seizure and then tried to escape while being treated at Hudson Valley Hospital Center.
Westchester County police say the incident happened around 11 a.m. Friday when 22 year old Michael Pelaccio of Buttonwood Road, Cortlandt Manor allegedly pretended to have a seizure while in a holding cell. Officials transported Pelaccio to the hospital for treatment, despite suspecting that he wasn't having an actual seizure.
When emergency room personnel reached the same conclusion, Pelaccio, cops say, decided to make a run for it, fleeing down a hallway.He was captured shortly after that in the hospital lobby.
Pelaccio, who has initially been arrested on Burglary, Bail Jumping and Probation Violation charges, was ordered held without bail at the Westchester County Jail in Valhalla.
He is due back in Cortlandt Town Court on February 11.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters