- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Cops Investigate Abandoned Bag of Medical Waste Left at Westchester Medical Center
Police are still trying to determine who dumped a black bag containing medical waste with a note for police, at the behavioral health center at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla yesterday. Officials have not released details of the message and would only say it contained a threat toward police.
The medical waste is the latest suspicious package found in Westchester. Back on Friday, a suspicious silver package left on the Metro North train tracks in Irvington forced the Hudson Line to shut down for nearly 2 hours. Officials never said what was in that package, but said the Westchester County Bomb Squad detonated it as a precaution. There were no injuries there and there have been no arrests. It's unclear whether that package was dropped or intentionally left on the tracks.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters