- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Charges Dropped Against Pace University Students
As expected, a judge today dropped charges against four Pace University football players arrested the night their fellow teammate Danroy (DJ) Henry was shot and killed by police.
The four, Joseph Romanick,Yves Delpeche, Joseph Garcia and Daniel Parker had been charged with disorderly conduct,obstruction and criminal mischief following the October 17, 2010 shooting of Henry. Romanick had also been charged with felony criminal mischief.
Henry was shot by police following a large gathering outside Finnegan's Grill in Thornwood. A Grand Jury recently voted not to bring charges against the officers involved.
Mount Pleasant Town Justice Robert Ponzini told the four today that they can "Go forward with a clean slate and make the best of your life."
Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore agreed with the judge and issued a statement following today's court appearance, "I agree that this determination, the dismissal of charges by the Court, is in the interest of justice. While I understand the disappointment expressed by the Westchester County Department of Public Safety Police Benevolent Association, and have stated there is no legal excuse for the failure of these four young men to abide by lawful directives of the police, the spirit of justice was served with the dismissal of the charges."
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters