- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Yonkers police have released a video surveillance photograph of the suspect wanted in connection with last Thursday's bank robbery of the Webster Bank located at 760 McLean Avenue.
The suspect made off with an estimated $6,000 in cash.
Police are on the hunt for a bank robber who walked into the Webster Bank at 760 McLean Avenue around 5:45 p.m. Thursday and stole approximately $6,000.
The suspect, police say, was unarmed, and announced the holdup. The cashier turned over the money and no one was injured. Police were called to the scene after the teller sounded a panic alarm.
A Bronx man pleaded guilty today to murder and assault charges in connection with the death of firefighter Patrick Joyce in October 2009 and the injuries of two others.
Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore says Rafael Roldan, in the midst of his trial, pleaded guilty to 2nd Degree Murder and two counts of 1st Degree Assault.
On October 2, 2009, the Yonkers Fire Department responded to a multi family structure fire at 149 Waverly Street. Firefighters managed to put out the blaze in the front room, when a second fire erupted in the rear of the home and spread to the roof area trapping firefighter Patrick Joyce and Lt Joseph Murray and William Kanych Jr.
The smoke and flames forced the men to jump three stories. Joyce was killed. The other two suffered serious injuries.
Murray had multiple fractures to his ribs, spine and burns that required hospitalization and surgery. Firefighter Kanych suffered a fractured foot, burns and spinal injuries that required hospitalization and surgery.
Police in Yonkers have made an arrest after officers with the city's 3rd Precinct responded to a call to a possible rape in progress in the area of Randolph Street and South Broadway around 4 a.m. Wednesday.
After arriving on the scene, the officers illuminated a dark alleyway which connects Randolph Street to Radford Street and the rear portion of 452 South Broadway.
Yonkers Police say they've arrested two people and recovered four of seven dogs stolen December 29 from the Mount Vernon Animal Shelter.
The arrest was made as a result of an anonymous tip from the public.
Two men are under arrest in Yonkers after allegedly selling alcohol to minors.
Yonkers Police say they conducted New York State Liquor Authority compliance checks at various locations in the City of Yonkers using an undercover "agent" under the age of 21.
On Thursday, at 4:05 p.m. investigators paid a visit to the M&M Service Station at 1245 Nepperhan Avenue. Police say their agent was able to purchase a can of the alcoholic beverage "Four Loco"-no questions asked. The clerk, identified as 33 year old Muhamad Ibrahim of Pomona was then placed under arrest.
Then at 5:46 p.m. police visited Capriccio's Italian Deli at 354 Kimball Avenue where their "agent" was again able to purchase a can of the alcoholic beverage "Four Loco."
A $5,000 reward is now being offered for the arrest of a suspect wanted in connection with a double murder this Summer in Yonkers.
Police have issued a poster with a photograph of the suspect, Ronnell Jones detailing the reward.
Cops say on July 6, 2010, Jones and two accomplices entered an apartment at 77 Locust Hill Avenue with two accomplices and opened fire, killing two people and wounded four others, including a small child. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Yonkers Police Department Detective Division at 914-377-7724. All calls will be kept confidential.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters