- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Police are on the hunt for a bank robber who walked into the Webster Bank at 760 McLean Avenue around 5:45 p.m. Thursday and stole approximately $6,000.
The suspect, police say, was unarmed, and announced the holdup. The cashier turned over the money and no one was injured. Police were called to the scene after the teller sounded a panic alarm.
Police in Yonkers have made an arrest after officers with the city's 3rd Precinct responded to a call to a possible rape in progress in the area of Randolph Street and South Broadway around 4 a.m. Wednesday.
After arriving on the scene, the officers illuminated a dark alleyway which connects Randolph Street to Radford Street and the rear portion of 452 South Broadway.
Yonkers Police say they've arrested two people and recovered four of seven dogs stolen December 29 from the Mount Vernon Animal Shelter.
The arrest was made as a result of an anonymous tip from the public.
Two men are under arrest in Yonkers after allegedly selling alcohol to minors.
Yonkers Police say they conducted New York State Liquor Authority compliance checks at various locations in the City of Yonkers using an undercover "agent" under the age of 21.
On Thursday, at 4:05 p.m. investigators paid a visit to the M&M Service Station at 1245 Nepperhan Avenue. Police say their agent was able to purchase a can of the alcoholic beverage "Four Loco"-no questions asked. The clerk, identified as 33 year old Muhamad Ibrahim of Pomona was then placed under arrest.
Then at 5:46 p.m. police visited Capriccio's Italian Deli at 354 Kimball Avenue where their "agent" was again able to purchase a can of the alcoholic beverage "Four Loco."
Armed gunmen held up the Chase Bank Branch in Yonkers last night, making off with an estimated $410,000 in cash.
The holdup was the second in Westchester of the day. Earlier, a Chase Bank branch was robbed in Hastings-on-Hudson and $18,000 stolen. A masked gunman escaped on foot and eluded police despite a lengthy search with the aid of police canines.
The huge heist in Yonkers took place shortly after 6 p.m. when three masked bandits with handguns went into the branch and demanded a bank manager open the vault at gunpoint. No one was injured.
Yonkers Police have made an arrest in a stabbing Saturday on South Broadway.
Police say the 20 year old victim flagged down police shortly before 1 a.m. December 11 reporting he had just been stabbed multiple times and that the suspect had fled on foot.
The officers pursued the suspect eastbound on Randolph Street. Cops say the suspect resisted attempts to take him into custody.
Under arrest is 22 year old Michel Garcia of 144 Waverly Street, Yonkers. He's been charged with 2nd Degree Assault, Obstructing Governmental Administation and Resisting Arrest.
Yonkers Police have arrested a man who they say broke into P.S. 28 in Yonkers early Friday.
Cops responded to a report of a security alarm activation at 18 Rosedale Road and discovered a bag on the side of the school containing a knife and butane torch. The window, they say, had been scorched to gain access and then pried open.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters