- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Yorktown resident and 99th Assembly District Candidate Dr. Steven Katz announced a 6 point plan today that he promises to implement if elected to the seat being vacated by Greg Ball.
About a thousand people are on hand this evening for Westchester County's second annual Tea Party that's being held at the Westchester County Center in White Plains.
Organizer Gary Murphy says the protest is not about party lines, but rather solidarity, with protestors calling for lower taxes and decreased Federal, State and local spending.
Protestors -- some of them even wearing tri-cornered hats evoking the Revolutionary Era-- chanted, sang songs and carried such signs as "Don't Tread on Me," "Shrink Big Government" and "Starve the Beast" in the peaceful protests. There were no arrests.
Howard Hellwinkel of North Salem said "We are a group of people who are unhappy with the way Washington has been operating. We want to see the Country return to what the founding fathers intended."
Photo Credit: Robin Glantz-Murphy
A protest of a different kind is expected today, Tax Day, as Tea Party protests are planned across the Country as well as in Westchester County.
Tea Partiers are holding their second annual tea party at the Westchester County Center in White Plains. Organizer Howard Hellwinkel of North Salem says several hundred people are expected to be on hand for the peaceful demonstration. He says Tea Party members in Westchester are made up of a cross section of political leanings who are simply fed up with high taxes and rampant government spending.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters