- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Tappan Zee Bridge
Governor-elect Andrew Cuomo continued his visit of state facilities and today took a boat tour of the aging Tappan Zee Bridge.
He told reporters "It's obvious that a lot of work has been done and I think it's fair to say that the bridge is in better shape than it was, but you still have the basic issue of should you continue to repair this bridge or replace the bridge? In many ways this typifies the situation we have all across the state"
Funeral services were held Thursday for the teenage soldier from Shrub Oak who took her own life by jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge last week. Dozens of famiy and friends gathered at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church where 19 year old Elizabeth Lynch- Gonzalez was remembered with full military honors. Many of those on hand were friends of hers from Lakeland High School where she had recently graduated. In the past few months, Lynch-Gonzalez completed boot camp and was about to deploy as an Army Private to Iraq.
Residents of the Shrub Oak section of Yorktown are stunned today after learning that the person who jumped from the Tappan Zee Bridge this morning is a teenager and a recent graduate of Lakeland High School. Officials say the body of 19 year old Elizabeth Lynch-Gonzalez washed ashore around noon today, 10 hours after she jumped from the Tappan Zee Bridge.
Witnesses reported seeing the teen drive her car onto the bridge, climb over the railing and jump.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters