- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
The street violence continues in the city of Yonkers. Police say a young man was found shot to death around 3 a.m. Sunday July 25. The victim has been identified as 22 year old Stephen Calhoun of 22 Arthur Street. Cops say he had been shot three times and he was pronounced dead at the scene. Officials recovered three spent shell casings from two different weapons.
Anyone with information is urged to contact investigators at (914) 377-7724. All calls will be kept confidential.
Yonkers Police say an arrest has been made in connection with the July 6 shooting at a home at 77 Locust Hill Avenue that resulted in the deaths of 2 men and wounding of four others.
Killed in the attack were 21 year old Kasheem Little and 23 year old Carlton MCCloud of 77 Locust Hill Avenue. Four others, including a five year old boy were taken to local hospital suffering from gunshot wounds.
The violence continues in the State's fourth largest city. Two men are dead, four others were wounded following a wild shootout at a home at 77 Locust Hill Avenue early Tuesday.
Police responding to a report of multiple shots fired at a 9th floor apartment found the six victims.
Two of them, identified as 21 year old Kasheem Little and 21 year old Carlton McLeod were pronounced dead at the scene. Four others, including a five year old boy, were transported to local hospitals.
Police in Yonkers have arrested a 19 year old man in connection with Tuesday's shooting of another teenager inside a laundromat.
The suspect's identified as Audai Howard. He has been charged with 1st Degree Assault in the shooting of a man inside Andy's Laundromat at 153 Willow Street around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Police have not yet identified the victim, but say he's in critical condition at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx with a gunshot wound to the chest. He is expected to survive.
Authorities say the two knew each other and had an ongoing dispute among them.
A 19 year old Yonkers man is fighting for his life after he was shot Tuesday morning inside a coin laundromat. Police say unidentified teenager suffered a single gunshot wound to the chest around 10:30 a.m.at Andy's Laundromat at 153 Willow Street.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he's reported in critical condition.
He has not been identified and police have not released a motive. Anyone who may have witnessed anything is urged to call Yonkers Police.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters