- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
State Senator Suzi Oppenheimer (D-Mamaroneck) joined with community groups Monday and 2010 Census volunteers to encourage all residents to mail back their 2010 Census forms. Marching to the mail box from the Port Chester Public Library, Senator Oppenheimer urged rally participants to fill out and mail their Census forms promptly.
Mercury Solar Systems of Port Chester and RDS Industries of Flushing Queens have been awarded contracts of up to $975,000 by the New York Power Authority (NYPA) for routine maintenance of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, fuel cells, and electric-vehicle (EV) charging stations. The three year contracts, which go into effect this month are for mechanical, civil and electrical maintenance services.
Lawmakers for several communities along the Sound Shore area are looking into securing a consolidation grant in the hopes of saving taxpayers money. Port Chester Mayor Dennis Pilla, Rye Brook Mayor Joan Feinstein, and Rye Town Supervisor Joseph Carvin are hoping to apply for a $50,000 Local Government Efficiency Grant (LGE) which would explore potential ways of saving money through shared services.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters