- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Two Cortlandt men are under arrest following a joint investigation by the Buchanan Police Department and the Westchester County Department of Public Safety. The two were charged in connection with a burglary at a home on Donohue Court on December 26,2009, in which nearly 10 thousand dollars worth of men's and women's jewelry was stolen.
The City of Peekskill Police Department is alerting the public to a rash of car break-ins that has occurred at several locations within the city over the past several weeks. Most of the crimes occurred during the hours of darkness at which time entry into parked vehicles is affected by unknown subjects who either find the vehicles doors to be unlocked or by breaking one of the windows.
Peekskill police have arrested four people following a series of alcohol compliance checks in the city last Friday.
Officers working with an underage agent attempted to purchase alcohol from eight licensed establishments in the city. Six of those establishments refused to sell to the underage agent, while two did not, and the clerks were subsequently arrested.
City of Peekskill police are investigating two unrelated stabbings that occurred over the weekend.
The first stabbing occurred on January 22nd and appears to have occurred at a house party on Frost Lane and involved a 20 year old male victim who went to Hudson Valley Hospital Center for treatment of a stab wound to the leg.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters