- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Yonkers Police are releasing further details about the stabbing of three men early Sunday morning.
Yonkers police say a city man was arrested yesterday after leading police on a foot chase in the area of Elm Street and St. Casimir Avenue. An off-duty officer spotted a man removing a silver handgun from his waistband and make a threatening move toward another man.
Yonkers Police have arrested five people following a large melee at the Congo Nights bar and club at 14 Warburton Avenue. Police were called to the bar around 3 a.m. on February 6th in an attempt to restore order. Once at the bar, responding officers observed three separate fights. In one, a man, later identified as Ross J. Equilla, was observed allegedly assaulting another man. Responding officers had to physically subdue Equilla and two officers were injured while restraining him.
A Bedford police officer is recovering from his injuries after his cruiser was involved in an early morning crash as he was in pursuit of a driver. The unidentified officer was trying to pull over a driver on Succabone road around 8 a.m. this morning when the officer's cruiser hit a patch of sand on the road and left the roadway.
Yonkers police are investigating an early morning fire that broke out around 1:04 a.m. on Wednesday February 3, 2010 at the Getty Gas Station at 286 Ashburton Avenue on a report of a structure fire.
Upon arrival, responding officers observed a large amount of smoke coming from inside of the business. The fire was extinguished by the Yonkers Fire Department. Arson investigators were called to the scene to determine the cause and origin of the blaze. Anyone with information is being asked to call the Detective Division at (914) 377-7724
A Connecticut man has been arrested in Yonkers after police allegedly found him in possession of stolen computers. Authorities say officers were called to a Best Buy Store on Central Park Avenue on a report of a suspicious male possibly involved in a past larceny of a video camera on January 25, 2010. According to police, officers approached the man and observed what appeared to be a folding knife protruding from his back pocket. Upon further investigation, authorities determined it was an anti-security device used to remove security alarms from valuable products.
A former Eastchester Police officer has been indicted by a Westchester County Grand jury.
Westchester District Attorney Janet Difiore says 29 year old James Pileggi of 40 Mill Road, Eastchester, has been charged with one count of 2nd Degree Manslaughter, a Felony, in the death of Andre Everett of New Rochelle.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters