- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
We may have dodged a snowstorm earlier this week, but it's looking like Westchester won't this time around.
Forecaster at the National Weather Service have issued a winter storm warning from midnight tonight to 6 a.m. Thursday. Snow is expected to develop later tonight. The snow could be heavy at times throughout the day on Wednesday. Snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches are expected. As the storm intensifies, the northeasterly winds will become strong and gusty. Could see wind gusts of between 25 and 35 miles per hour and that will cause blowing and drifting of snow.
Due to the forecast of a serious winter storm, The City of Peekskill is announcing a Winter Parking Weather Alert that will be in effect from 8:00 PM on February 9, 2010, until 8:00 AM on February 12, 2010. Accordingly, all parking on non-alternate side
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters