- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
The National Weather Service says we are in for some stormy, unsettled weather over the next 24-36 hours.
An urban and small stream flood advisory has been posted and that could result in minor flooding in low lying and poor drainage areas.Local Rivers and small streams could also experience rises as well as between 1-2 inches of rainfall can come overnight.
In addition,a wind advisory is in effect from 6 a.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday. Strong gusty winds are expected Friday and Friday night. Gusts of between 25 and 40 mph are possible.
It has been a brutal weekend for so many residents of Westchester who were just coming up for air from the last storm! More than 60 thousand customers are without power tonight.
Con Edison now says it may take a good part of the week to restore everyone! They're bringing in crews from out of state; Ohio, Pennsylvania and Georgia to help with the cleanup and restoration. Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner described his town to me tonight as a "warzone" and says this storm is hands down the WORST in recent memory.
Tens of thousands of customers are in the dark tonight as a powerful Nor'Easter pummels the region with heavy rains and wind gusts of up to 60 mph.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters