- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
New Rochelle Fishing Club
A Yonkers man was sentenced Friday to 15 years in prison in connection with a brutal meat cleaver attack in New Rochelle Last Year. Westchester D.A. Janet Difiore says last June, 44 year old Christopher Calise demanded $50,000 from Vincent Zarcone outside the Sound Shore Fishing Club in New Rochelle. Calise had claimed Zarcone owed him the money for a restaurant remodeling job. When Zarcone failed to come up the money, Calise and an accomplice, 40 year old Maurice Mann of Fort Lee, New Jersey, held him down and nearly amputated Zarcone's hand.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters