- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
26 members of a suspected drug trafficking ring in Rockland County are under arrest on Federal narcotics charges for allegedly distributing over 1,000 kilograms of mariuana in and around Spring Valley, Ramapo, Clarkstown, Mount Vernon, the Bronx and other areas of NYC.
State Police in Somers say a 21 year old Katonah man was arrested and charged with drug possession over the holiday weekend.
Cops say the suspect, Daniel Fanelli was placed under arrest after he was stopped for a routine traffic violation in the Town of Somers. Officials say Fanelli was found to be in possession of 13.8 ounces of marijuana.
He has been charged with 3rd Degree Criminal Possession of Marijuana-a felony.
Police in Yonkers have arrested three men and charged them with transporting high-quality marijuana with an estimated street value of $50,000.
Yesterday, members of the Narcotics Unit, acting on a tip, executed a search warrant at 100 McLean Avenue and arrested the three shortly after a package was sent to the home containing the drug. Police say the marijuana was packed in empty computer destktop casings and was shipped via a private courier service. The pot was vacuum sealed in individual bags and coffee grounds were placed in the box to throw off any scent.
Westchester County Police today arrested a Massachussetts man after they allegedly found him with 120 pounds of marijuana in his possession during a traffic stop on the Bronx River Parkway in Greenburgh.
Police conducting a DWI enforcement checkpoint stopped the vehicle driven by 22 year old Damion Reid as he traveled in the southbound direction of the parkway shortly after 1 a.m..
Federal officials say a Yonkers man has pleaded guilty to conspiring to distribute and possess with intent to distribute more than 1,000 kilograms of marijuana.
An Ossining man and a Peekskill man are under arrest following a one month long investigation by Peekskill Police. Cops say 30 year old Renado Mathias of Ossining and 32 year old Damien McNeill of Peekskill were placed under arrest following the investigation by the Narcotics Unit and Tactical Response Unit into the alleged sale of marijuana from an apartment at 160B Smith Street.
Police raided the unit and recovered several ounces of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Officers also found several children inside the apartment, prompting child endangerment charges.
Yonkers Police have arrested a city man after officers on an unrelated investigation heard what appeared to be the sound of roosters crowing from the man's home at 111 Orchard Street around 10:30 a.m. June 9.
Police say once at the scene, they observed a man, identified as 32 year old Luis Alberto Martinez allegedly smoking marijuana. The SPCA of Westchester was called and discovered two large chicken wire enclosures containing 3 adult and 5 baby roosters. One of the roosters was a "green tail Chinese fighting bird." Another was badly damaged, bloodied and missing feathers. Officials also found and confiscated 6 pit bulls, two of which were tied to trees, 4 were kept in cages. None of the dogs, they say was licensed.
In addition, cops observed what appeared to be four marijuana plants at the location.
Martinez was arrested and charged with 4th Degree Criminal Possession of Marijuana and cited for City Ordinance violations for Possession of Barnyard Fowl and Unlicensed Dogs.
The fowl have been taken to a veterinarian to determine if they had been injured in cockfighting or if their injuries came from another bird in the cage.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters