- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
An aide for Westchester County Legislator John Testa of Peekskill has been suspended after he was arrested for DWI this past weekend. Westchester County Legislature spokeswoman Tara Martin confirms that 50 year old Bernard Molloy, who worked as a part-time assistant to Testa, was suspended after the Board took disciplinary action on Tuesday. No other statement was released.
By a unanimous vote, the Westchester County Board of Legislators approved a resolution calling for a moratorium on what some say is Con Edison's "overzealous, clearcutting style" of trimming trees. Con Edison has claimed the cutting of trees around transmission lines is necessary keep the lines safe and free of debris and to minimize the number of outages during storms.
Officials with Con Edison speculated that last week's outages resulting from two snowstorms would've been considerably more widespread had the trees not been intensively pruned.
The Westchester County Legislature's newly formed Special Committee on Health Insurance Savings has come up with an idea that could save the County and its employees thousands of dollars.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters