- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Jewelry Store Robbery
Police in Yorktown are on the hunt for a man who robbed a jewelry store at gunpoint Monday afternoon. Police Lt. Kevin Soravilla says the suspect entered Yorktown Jewelers at 2008 Crompond Road in the Roma Shopping Plaza around 12:30 p.m., displayed a handgun and made off with an undetermined amount of cash and jewelry. No one was injured.
The suspect is described as white male, in his late 50's, early 60's, gray hair, heavy set, with a ruddy complexion. At the time of the robbery, he was wearing a blue golf shirt, with white shorts.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters