- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Police are on the hunt for a man who robbed the Chase Bank branch at gunpoint at 565 Warburton Avenue in Hastings-on-Hudson this morning, and making off with an estimated $18,000 in cash.
Cops say the holdup was first reported around 8:45 this morning. The man fled on foot.
The suspect is described as a black male, who was wearing a ski mask, goggles, and a camouflage jacket. He produced what officials believe was a rifle, although no one was injured.
With just two days to go before election day, New York's Republican and Democratic gubernatorial candidates held rallies in Westchester on Sunday.
In a further effort to consolidate services, Westchester County will soon begin offering a Unified In-Service Training Program for police officers from all departments in the County through ithe Westchester County Department of Public Safety. The new program is being offered at no cost as a shared service to help police departments in Westchester lower their training costs.
Currentlly, each department in Westchester must pay for a minimum of 21 hours of refresher training to all of its members. The requirement is mandated by New York State.
Elections are underway today in 16 Westchester municipalities. Voters are choosing trustees, village justices, and a new mayor in Buchanan.
Balloting is taking place in Scarsdale, Briarcliff Manor, Tarrytown, Croton-on-Hudson, Elmsford, Rye Brook, Buchanan, Pleasantville, Larchmont, Bronxville, Hastings-on-Hudson, Irvington, Tuckahoe, Pelham, Pelham Manor, and Sleepy Hollow.
In Buchanan, Mayor Al Donohue is facing a challenge from Sean Murray.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters