- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Two men arrested Wednesday after their car was stopped for a traffic violation on the Cross County Parkway were charged in U.S. District Court in White Plains today with Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Distribute.
32 year old Lance Baptiste of Waterbury, Connecticut and 25 year old Eddie Torres of the Bronx were arraigned in federal court and ordered held without bail at the Westchester County Jail.
Around 2:15 p.m. Wednesday, Westchester County Police stopped a car for a traffic violation on the parkway and determined that the driver, Baptiste, had a warrant for his arrest on a misdemeanor drug charge and placed under arrest.
Cops say Torres, the passenger in the front seat, then jumped from the car and fled on foot leading police on a chase through a residential neighborhood on the Mount Vernon-Eastchester border.
A New Jersey man is under arrest after Westchester County Police allegedly found him driving with two small children and more than 39 pounds of marijuana in the car.
Shortly after 9 p.m. Friday night, Westchester County Police stopped a vehicle being driven by 30 year old Barrington A. Hylton of Irvington, New Jersey for a traffic violation on the eastbound Cross County Parkway near New Rochelle Road in Eastchester.
The narcotics team was called in to search the car after the officer detected a strong smell of marijuana emanating from the car.
Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore has announced that 54 year old Bruce Mogavero of 41 Longview Drive, Eastchester was arraigned today on Second Degree Grand Larceny charges for allegedly stealing nearly $83,000 from a client's escrow account.
Yonkers Police say an Eastchester man is under arrest, charged with larceny after allegedly stealing a clipboard containing nominating petitions for New York State 93rd Assembly District Candidate Mike Ramondelli. Ramondelli is mounting a Republican challenge against incumbent Assemblyman, Mike Spano (D-Yonkers).
Eastchester Councilwoman Sheila Marcotte Tuesday night easily defeated democrat Greg Varian for the 10th Legislative District seat on the Westchester County Board of Legislators 58-42%.
Marcotte is a former Tuckahoe Village Trustee who ran on a platform saying she had strong skills and leadership ability. Varian is an attorney and a trustee for the New Rochelle Public Library. Both advocated streamlining government and consolidating services.
The district includes Eastchester, Tuckahoe and part of New Rochelle.
The seat was vacated by former Westchester County Legislator Vito Pinto who stepped down earlier this year to head the County's Veterans Service Agency and Office of Drug Prevention and Stop DWI.
A special election is being held Tuesday for the Westchester County Board of Legislators' 10th Legislative District. It's being held to fill the seat vacated by County Legislator Vito Pinto who stepped down earlier this year to become the head of the County Veterans' Services Agency.
Westchester Assemblywoman Amy Paulin has introduced legislation designed to combat bullying in schools. The bill requires that school administrators report all cases of school bullying.
It also creates the crime of Aggravated Harassment of Teachers and School Personnel and requires that students be educated about the effects of bullying.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters