- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
A Westchester babysitter is under arrest after police allegedly found her with 25 pounds of marijuana and a five year old child in her car. Westchester County police say the woman, 36 year old Laverne Johnson of South 12th Avenue, Mount Vernon, was stopped by police shortly after she picked up a box that had been left for her at a home on Chatfield Avenue in Yonkers where she works as a babysitter. Police say the child in the car was Johnson's.
Cops say they were tipped off about a possible drug deal at the home and had placed it under surveillance. They moved in with a narcotics K-9, which detected the smell of drugs inside the box. Police discovered it had 24.5 pounds of marijuana wrapped in heavy layers of plastic wrap. They estimate the pot had a street value of at least $25,000.
Police have arrested two men from White Plains and charged them with felony drug charges after they discovered a veritable marijuana farm Saturday in an apartment at 235 South Lexington Avenue.
Cops executed a search warrant at 2:30 p.m. and discovered what they said was a major marijuana laboratory containing up to 100 pot plants being grown hydroponically. The plants, they say, had a street value of at least $30,000 dollars.
A Peekskill man has been arrested on felony drug charges. Police in Peekskill responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle in a parking lot at the Villa at the Woods apartment complex on Crompond Road and arrested the driver and passenger after spotting marijuana and drug paraphernalia in plain view.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters