- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Police in Bedford are urging residents to lock their cars and secure their valuables after more than a dozen vehicles were broken into last week in the area of Whitlockville Road, Meadow Lane and Croton Lake Road.
Each of the larcenies involved unlocked cars, according to Police.
Officials say the thieves made off with wallets, purses, Ipods and GPS devices. Anyone who may have information is urged to call Bedford Police at (914) 241-3111.
Police have arrested a man in connection with a string of car break-ins at the Cortlandt Town Center. Detectives had been investigating numerous burglaries that have occurred over the past two months. State Police arrested 22 year old Ruber Ortes of 138 Freemont Street, Peekskill, after allegedly catching him in the act.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters