- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Bronx River Parkway
Westchester County Police today arrested a Massachussetts man after they allegedly found him with 120 pounds of marijuana in his possession during a traffic stop on the Bronx River Parkway in Greenburgh.
Police conducting a DWI enforcement checkpoint stopped the vehicle driven by 22 year old Damion Reid as he traveled in the southbound direction of the parkway shortly after 1 a.m..
Bicycle Sundays are back. Thousands of eager bicyclists, skaters, joggers, walkers and scooter riders will have the opportunity to dust off their bikes, skates and scooters and have take their long-anticipated roll down the Bronx River Parkway as Bicycle sundays 2010 kicks off this Sunday May 2 at 10 a.m. on the Bronx River Parkway at the Westchester County Center.
Westchester County Police have arrested an Orange County woman after allegedly finding her in possession of 192 bags of heroin on the Bronx River parkway. Police say 31 year old Suon Nuon of Middletown was pulled over for speeding in the northbound direction of the parkway around 9:30 AM. According to cops, as Nuon rummaged through her pocketbook for her license, the officer observed a number of small glassine envelopes containing what appeared to be heroin.
Police conducted a further search and allegedly found Nuon had a total of 66 grams of heroin in 192 individual envelopes, designed for resale. The drugs had an estimated street value of between $2,000 and $4,000. Nuon has been charged with 3rd Degree Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance. She has been arraigned and remanded to the Westchester County Jail in lieu of 50 thousand dollars bail.
An elderly Yonkers man had to be rescued by police and fire department personnel this morning after he drove his truck onto the closed, flooded Bronx River Parkway. The drama unfolded around 10:30 a.m. after police say the unidentified man apparently ignored barricades and road closure warnings as he got on at Scarsdale Road, drove for about a mile, before his box truck was nearly submerged in rising floodwaters
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters