- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
10th Legislative District
Eastchester Councilwoman Sheila Marcotte Tuesday night easily defeated democrat Greg Varian for the 10th Legislative District seat on the Westchester County Board of Legislators 58-42%.
Marcotte is a former Tuckahoe Village Trustee who ran on a platform saying she had strong skills and leadership ability. Varian is an attorney and a trustee for the New Rochelle Public Library. Both advocated streamlining government and consolidating services.
The district includes Eastchester, Tuckahoe and part of New Rochelle.
The seat was vacated by former Westchester County Legislator Vito Pinto who stepped down earlier this year to head the County's Veterans Service Agency and Office of Drug Prevention and Stop DWI.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters