- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Carmel Man Found Dead at Turkey Mountain Nature Preserve in Yorktown
Yorktown Police have found the body of a man who was reported missing at the Turkey Mountain Nature Preserve on route 118.
Officials say the body was recovered around 3:15 this afternoon.
Police spent the day scouring the area after the man's car was found in the parking lot in the nature preserve overnight. K-9s were used to aid the search effort, according to officials.
Yorktown Police were assisted by Carmel Police. Lt Brian Karst with the Carmel PD says the victim had been reported missing over the past week and that Yorktown Police informed them overnight that the man's car was located in the preserve's parking lot.
The victim has not been identified. Police would not yet give an age, but would only confirm that a man from Carmel has been found deceased.
It's unclear whether his death was accidental, a suicide, or the result of foul play.
Police are investigating.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters