- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Brewster Man Arrested Following High Speed Car Chase in Yonkers
Yonkers Police along with Westchester County Police arrested a Brewster man on McLean Avenue Wednesday who had been pulled over for a traffic violation.
The incident began on the northbound Saw Mill River Parkway near Tuckahoe Road when police pulled the car over for a traffic infraction. As an officer approached the vehicle, the motorist stepped on the gas and took off.
A Westchester County Police Aviation Unit later tracked the car down and advised Yonkers cops that the vehicle was located on McLean Avenue near Lee Avenue.
As police moved in, the car, reaching speeds of up to 100 mph then slammed into two parking meters and a 2003 Nissan containing 5 passengers inside. He was arrested around 9:30 p.m. at McLean and Devoe Avenue.
Under arrest is 39 year old James Ferris of 40 Tulip Drive in Brewster. 4 of the occupants of the Nissan were treated and released at a local hospital. One officer driving a police vehicle was treated at a local hospital and placed off duty due to his injuries.
Ferris has been charged with second degree assault, reckless endangerment, reckless driving and unlawful flight.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters