- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Bank Robbed in Peekskill
Peekskill Police are investigating a bank robbery that occurred at the Wachovia Bank Branch on South Street around 2 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
Police aren't certain if the suspect is a man, a tall woman, or possibly a man disguised as a woman. They say the suspect walked into the bank branch at 920 South Street, told the teller he had a gun and made off with an undisclosed amount of cash. The suspect fled on foot.
Officials say the robber is black, tall and thin, about 6' tall.
Police are looking to the public for help. Anyone who may have witnessed anything is urged to calld etectives at (914) 737-8000. All calls will be kept confidential.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters