- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
Arrest Made in Yonkers Double Murder
Yonkers Police say an arrest has been made in connection with the July 6 shooting at a home at 77 Locust Hill Avenue that resulted in the deaths of 2 men and wounding of four others.
Killed in the attack were 21 year old Kasheem Little and 23 year old Carlton MCCloud of 77 Locust Hill Avenue. Four others, including a five year old boy were taken to local hospital suffering from gunshot wounds.
Cops say on July 17, the City's Detective Division and the NYPD's Bronx Gang Squad arrested 23 year old Daniel Sanchez of 238 8th Street, Brooklyn and charged him with 2nd Degree Murder and 2nd Degree Attempted murder.
Police are looking for additional suspects. Anyone with more information is urged to call the Yonekrs Police Detective Division at (914) 377-7725. All calls will be kept confidential.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters