- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
8 Arrested in Drug Raids in Mohegan Lake
Westchester County Police have announced the arrest of eight people on drug charges following a raid on two cottages in a Mohegan Lake Community.
The raid followed an investigation into alleged drug activity at the two homes, 3195 and 3211 East Main Street in the Mohegan Lake section of Cortlandt off Route 6.
The eight were taken into custody after cops found quantities of cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana and prescripton medication in the homes.
Each of the eight has been charged with 3rd Degree Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance (Intent to Sell), a felony.
Under arrest are 32 year old Sylvia Ellis of Peekskill, 22 year old Yenny Alfaro of Mohegan Lake, 33 year old Joe Wilson of Peekskill, 25 year old Jamal Wilson of Peekskill, 38 year old Clifford Ellis of Peekskill, 37 year old Carl Culberson of Mohegan Lake, 25 year old Perry Freeman of Mohegan Lake and 34 year old Kevin Ellis of Peekskill.
The raids were carried out by the Westchester County Department of Publi Safety and the Peekskill Police Department.
Two others were arrested during the operation. 24 year old Shaniqua Oglesby of Mohegan Lake was charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child after cops say she dropped off her 3 year old child at the home and found to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana when she returned.
28 year old Rolando Williams of Peekskill was charged with 3rd Degree Menacing, Obstruction of Governmental Administration and 2nd Degree Resisting Arrest, police say, after he made threatening remarks to officers and interfered with police conducting the raids.
The suspects were arraigned in Croton Village Court and remanded to the Westchester County Jail in Valhalla without bail. They are due back in Cortlandt Town Court on Friday.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters