- Pitchforks, Torches and Facebook
- A Better Place to Get Better
- Westchester Politics, Never Boring..
- Relentless Mother Nature Pummels Westchester Again!
- Stray Dogs. Why do People Let Them Stray?
- Don't put away that shovel just yet...
- Olympic Hopes Dashed
- Squeezing Blood from Upstate Stones
- Take Nothing for Granted
- He WILL Get That Dinner... and a New Spirit of Political Cooperation
3 Injured in Double Hit and Run in White Plains
A man is in critical condition and two others hurt following what police are calling a double hit and run in White Plains.
Public Safety Commissioner David Chong says the incident began around 4 a.m. Sunday when a man was struck and seriously injured by a red car, as he was crossing the street at 120 East Post Road. Then, two good samaritans who went to his aid were also struck and injured by a man driving a black vehicle.
Cops caught up with that driver a short time later and arrested 22 year old David Rivera-Bautista of White Plains. He was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor.
The man injured in the first hit-and-run was identified as 23 year old Raul Rios of White Plains was taken to Westchester Medical Center where his condition was described as extremely critical.
The two other hit-and-run victims suffered only minor injuries.
Police are looking to the public for help. Anyone who may have witnessed anything or who may have information leading to an arrest is urged to call Police at (914)422-6217.
Around the Country
- Southwest to Cancel Flights as Jets Checked for Cracks - BusinessWeek
- Schumer: Dems slicing budget with scalpel, Tea Party using meat ax - CNN (blog)
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing - CNN International
- House GOP: $4 trillion in cuts - CNN
- Bachmann bids for 'bama eyes - Seattle Post Intelligencer
Around the Planet
- Afghans Continue Protests Over US Quran Burning - Voice of America
- Japan's nuclear workers try to trace leak, dump radioactive water - Los Angeles Times
- OSCE raps Kazakh election, presses for reforms - Reuters
- Newsmaker: Yemen survivor Saleh juggles forces to keep power - Reuters
- France says finds bodies in Atlantic crash wreckage - Reuters